7/15 – 3/16 CDM Smith / DAR AL-HANDASAH SHAIR & PARTNERS)
Water Infrastructure Support and Enhancement for Lebanon
Architecture and Engineering (WISE-AE)
Senior Contracts Manager
Joined CDM Smith in Joint Venture with Dar Al Handasah (Shair & Partners)
on the $ 21.5 Million USAID funded WISE project implemented by Chemonics
International Inc. with the objective to improve Lebanon’s capacity in the
management of water resources through water infrastructure upgrades and related
- Reviewed the preparation of proposals and tender documents and monitor
Subcontracts in accordance with USAID polices and requirements.
- Monitored projects established budgets, negotiated and tracked all costs associated
with each subcontacts to ensure that performance is within subcontracts ceilings.
- Performed changed orders and contracts amendments or extensions in compliance
with contractual obligations.
- Coordination with USAID and Social Impact with respect to projects implementation and progress
- Performed due diligence and negotiated terms and conditions of subcontracts and
advise on any deviations from standard terms and conditions.
- Ensured that construction projects were in accordance with the specified quality,
environmental and safety standards.
- Preparation of monthly progress reports on all project activities and implemented
effective communication among team members and subcontractors.
8/10 – 5/15 DEVELOPMENT ALTERNATIVES Inc. (DAI)
Technical Assistance / Lebanon Water and Wastewater Sector Support
Operations and Procurement Manager
In cooperation with the Ministry of Energy and Water (MoEW), the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded the $ 35 Million Lebanon Water and Wastewater Sector Support Program (LWWSS) aims to improve water supply and sanitation services in Lebanon through enhancing pumping infrastructure, upgrading network capacity and coverage, and increasing the sector’s energy efficiency.
- Conduct market assessment to identify potential bidders, verify their eligibility conduct the bidding evaluation analysis of proposals ,drafting of contract’s agreements , contracts negotiations in accordance with USAID, Federal Acquisition Regulation and local regulations; maintaining adequate documentation at all stages.
- Adhere to all USAID, DAI and program rules and regulations concerning grants, procurement, subcontracts and keep abreast of all changes made to these policies.
- Develop and implement accepted sourcing strategy for products and services, share expertise and apply best business and procurement practices.
- Preparations of budgets and other expenditure projection related to procurement activities for USAID and DAI.
- Participate in the development of program strategies, detailed work plans, to ensure the timely, efficient and effective execution of programmes.
- Represent the office contractually acting as single point of contact for all contract-related formal and legal correspondence.
- Contribute to the procurement methodology and attitude with a commercial approach for spending reduction.
12/05 – 6/10 Council for Development and Reconstruction (CDR)
EGIS BCEOM / Bureau Technique Pour Le Développement (B.T.D.)
FEMIP-E.I.B. Technical Assistance / South Lebanon Wastewater Project
Consultant Engineer – Project Management Unit (P.M.U.)
Providing technical assistance and project management services to CDR on European
Investment Bank (EIB) funded water and wastewater projects in Lebanon, advise on
Project’s planning and investment program needed over short to medium terms.
- Establishment of monitoring procedures, risk assessment, identification of mitigation measures for projects.
- Evaluate South Lebanon Water and Wastewater Establishment current status and planning of the institutional administrative reforms.
- Assessing the potential development of wastewater tariffs and cost recovery
- Revision of tender documents and preparation of update based on FIDIC conditions of contract for treatment plants, sewer networks and sea outfalls.
- Follow-up on loan conditionalities of all EIB projects in the wastewater sector.
- Review, analyze and comment feasibility studies, economic and Environmental Impact Assessment studies of wastewater projects.
- Coordinate with line Ministries, CDR, SLWE and liaison with various municipalities for the proper implementation of projects and promote the approach and exchange relevant information.
- Assistance to CDR in the evaluation of prequalification of consultants and contractors and preparation of interim qualification reports.
- Providing advice and recommendations to CDR project’s managers for progressing
The projects to tender and subsequent construction.
- Prepare monitoring monthly reports and technical notes on existing contracts with CDR, report to promoter and EIB.
- Review consultant design for the Greater Beirut Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- Update status report for the Kesrouan Wastewater Treatment Plant to the European Investment Bank (EIB).
- Review of the contractor and consultant supervising engineer reports on the Inspection and Survey of the Sea Outfall in Dora, Beirut.
- Attend regular meetings of the EU Water Coordination Group at the Delegation of the European Union Commission to the Republic of Lebanon.
1/02 – 8/05 HAWI BROS. CONTRACTING & TRADING Co.
Involved in the preparation of bidding documents for the Syria-Lebanon 24” Gas
Pipeline project. Overview of the tender document specifications and estimation
of all Mechanical & Electrical works including Fiscal Metering Stations, Gas Reducing Station, Cathodic Protection, Flare and SCADA System.
Upon award of the project, took over the responsibility as Procurement Manager for the procurement of material and equipment. L/C preparation, shipment, insurance and transport coordination, customs clearance, shop/test inspection activities and project cost control. Liaison with Tripoli Oil Installations (TOIL) for the implementation of all specifications of the project.
12/00 – 3/01 VIVENDI WATER – OTV, Beirut
Water Treatment Engineer
Responsibility included the preparation of quotation for Water Treatment Equipment (Reverse Osmosis, Water softener, Sand filters and Gas Chlorination etc…). Preparation
Of proposals and estimates for all Electro-Mechanical works. Liaison and follow-up with clients.
10/97 – 10/00 DIAB ELECTRONICS S.A.L. , Beirut
Mechanical Department Manager
Responsible for overall Mechanical Department Operations and Business Development.
Marketing of Leakage Detection Equipment including preparation of technical bids & proposals. Promotion and Representation of multi-national Water Management Products Manufacturers: Biwater Spectrascan, Technolog Ltd., Palmer Environmental and Pearpoint Ltd. for Leakage Detections and CCTV equipment.
· Involved in preparing quotations for water supply and distribution network projects involving (Leak Noise Correlator, Data Loggers, telemetry Systems and CCTV
For pipeline inspection and surveys).
· Organized field demonstration to contractors and consultants in the water sector and to the Ministry of Energy and Electrical Resources and Water Authorities key personnel on the application of leakage detection and control.
· Preparation of a feasibility study/proposal for the implementation of “Leak Detection &
Control Methodology” for Greater Beirut Area to the Ministry of Energy and Water