Senior Project Manager /
Permanent address: Montreal, QC. Canada
Current address: Beirut, Lebanon
Mobile :(+961 3) 341 018
Concordia University, Montreal, Canada.
Master Degree in Building Engineering (M. Sc.)
Major: Building Science and Construction Management.
The University of SW Louisiana, USA.
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (B. Sc.)
Professional with extensive management involvement in the construction and real estate industry with experience in business development, project and cost control, scheduling, procurement, value engineering, construction and property management for commercial, industrial, institutional, residential and Mixed-use projects. Knowledge and capable of working with: international hotel and resort operators, owners, contractors, architects, consultants and construction managers.
Over 25 years of experience in buildings and hotels construction industry with strong knowledge of all design and project management phases in order to produce all works with due reference to quality and successful completion within schedule and budget, in compliance with the contractual terms and conditions, as well as the company polices.
Wide experience in managing, supervising and executing architectural, mixed - use development and civil engineering projects, including coordination between civil, electrical, mechanical and instrumentation, in the Middle East, Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries as well as Internationally.
Millennium Development International Beirut, Lebanon
Sept. 2005 – Present
Senior Project Manager & Deputy Projects Director
Overall Responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Draft proposals and negotiate the PM/CM agreements and manage the predevelopment phases of new projects;
- Guide the various participants that will be involved in the implementation of the Project, coordinate their work and enforce their contracts;
- Monitor the development of the Management Plan for the design development, procurement, construction, handing over and Post-Construction Phases to Owner’s approval;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with the Design and Supervision Team, the Contractors and the relevant Agencies and Authorities;
- Develop the project administration systems and procedures in conjunction with other Team members and the Owner;
- Chair pre-tender meetings and maintain the necessary information feed-back during the tender period;
- Process the Bid Evaluation Reports and make formal recommendations to the Owner for award;
- Monitor the preparation, review and transmittal of the regular reports to the Owner and oversee the implementation and operation of the Schedules;
- Monitor the Master Schedule, arrange for its regular updating and formulate corrective measures as and when necessary;
- Chair if so designated, executive progress meetings and represent the Program Management Team at other meetings and conferences as requested by the Owner;
- Carry out the Day to day management of the project; And,
- Chair regular progress meetings, and any other meetings considered necessary.
- Construction Phase
- Ensure the site quality control procedures are implemented by the supervision team to all disciplines;
- Day to day planning and site monitoring;
- Preparation of regular progress reports;
- Provide financial reporting including details of claims;
- Review and certify Contractor payment applications;
- Chair executive coordination and progress meetings as required;
- Evaluate and negotiate construction work-scope changes and variations and make recommendations as appropriate;
- Monitor, in conjunction with the Technical Team, the Contractors’ quality assurance programme to ensure the highest quality of work;
- Establish and monitor the Security and Safety Programme;
- Check the Contractors’ submittals for completeness; liaise with the Design Consultants and Supervision/Quality Control teams and prepare proposed responses to the submittals;
- Monitor the execution of the long-lead procurement programme, participate in pre-bid meetings with prospective suppliers and advise on expediting material and equipment (FF&E) deliveries;
- Prepare progress reports in coordination with the Management Plan and the Project Control System (PCS);
- Monitor, assist as necessary and ensure that formal statutory construction permits and licenses are procured on time by the Contractors;
- Check on Contractors’ compliance with all Contract Conditions and follow-up insurances;
- Verify the Contractor’s correspondences on contractual issues (variation orders, evaluation, extension of time, claims, etc.) and provide feedbacks and recommendations to the Owner for approvals;
- Ensure that the works are carried out in accordance with the signed Contracts;
- Ensure timely submittal of as-built drawings, delivery of warranties and guarantees, operation manuals, spare parts and all related project closeout; And,
- Follow-up Contractor’s compliance with the undertaking to complete outstanding works during the defects liability period.
The Verdun Heights Residential Development Beirut, Lebanon
Owner: MEDPROPERTIES MANAGEMENT sal
Project Description: Millennium was hired as a design and project manager for The Verdun Heights Residential Development, a true luxury high rise building to Verdun area, occupying a plot of land approximately 2,686 m2. It comprises six common basements; fifteen floors of three apartments in each, the sixteenth and seventeenth floor of two apartments each and the eighteens floor of one apartment. The project is a combination of commercial and residential aspects; the basements provide more than 300 car parking spaces for residents in addition to spacious storage for each apartment in the development.
Construction Cost : USD 52,000,000.00
New Manufacturing Facilities Rabigh, KSA
Owner: Jeddah Cable Company - energya
Project Description: Millennium was hired by Jeddah Cable Company as an Owner Representative for the design and construction of their new manufacturing facilities at Rabigh, KSA. (Land Area 357,000 m2 and total Build Up Area of 277,115 m2) New Cable and Plastic Compounding Manufacturing Facilities which includes: PVC Plant, XLPE Low Voltage Plant , PE Black Plant, XLPE Medium Voltage Plant, Extra High Voltage Plant, Building Wire Plant, Central Utilities, Power Plants and Facilities Management, Waste Handling facilities, Administrative and Operational facilities, Staff Accommodations, Workers Accommodations, Food Services Facilities, Recreational and Sport Facilities, and other related General Services.
Main Consultant: Dar Al Handasah - shair & partners, Beirut, Lebanon.
Equipment / Machine Suppliers and Consultants: BUSS / Switzerland, Coperion Waeschle / Italy, Maillefer Extrusion / Switzerland, P+W Metallbau / Germany, P&M Ltd. / Geneva Switzerland and NIEHOF-GRUPPE / Germany.
Construction Cost: SAR 1 Billion.
The Landmark Tower Beirut, Lebanon
Owner: Souad Al-Homaidi and Hamad Al-Wazan
Project Description; A 155,000 m2 mixed-use project in Solidere District in Beirut, consisting of a 175m high tower and two podium buildings linked by a shopping street. Program includes a five stars hotel, serviced apartments, a shopping mall, luxury condominiums, entertainment center and underground garage. As part of the process, Millennium managed a design competition between Cesar Pelli (USA) and Jean Nouvel (France), and is currently acting as an owner representative.
Total development cost: USD 270 million.
Yafour Residential Development Project Yafour, Syria
Owner: The Syrian-Emirates Company
Project Description: Site Size 75 Acres (300,000m2), project size 350 + Single-Family Units, amenities included; boutique hotel and spa; fitness centre; club house; indoor & outdoor pools; poolside cabanas; kids club and nursery; restaurants; cinema and management offices.
The Park Hill Tower Beirut, Lebanon
Owner: Park Hill SAL Construction Cost: USD 47 million.
ACE Consulting Engineers Manama, Bahrain
2004 - Sept 2005
Resident Senior Construction Manager : The primary assigned responsibility was to:
- Supervise receipt of and issue all approved construction drawings, materials review in compliance of contract documents;
- Establish, monitor and document a QA / QC program covering all works installations to ensure conformance with contract plans and specifications;
- Ensuring that the quality expectations, budget and programme constraints of the Owner are respected by the contractor;
- Managing Senior Architectural, Structural, Civil and Building Services staff;
- Plan and monitor job resourcing / expenditure and adjust as necessary;
- Manage workload of Project Discipline Engineers and Technicians;
- Ensure senior staffs are kept informed of important and relevant service/design decisions and the objectives of the client are achieved;
- Continually ensuring that practices, policies, strategy and services represent the Owner's best interests and that PH/ACE policy is in keeping with current legislation, Standards and Codes of Practice etc;
- Supervise and manage field operations to accomplish the work safely in accordance with plans, specifications and contract terms;
- Keep the Area Manager (home office) and the Owner informed through reports on progress, costs and quality control;
- Supervise all local contract and subcontract activities; And,
- Provide all necessary and accurate backups for potential claims and variations, if any.
Khalifa Bin Salman Port & Industrial Area At Hidd Hidd Bahrain
Owner: Kingdom of Bahrain, Ministry of Works and Housing – Strategic Projects Directorate.
Project Description: Khalifa Bin Salman Port & Industrial Area At Hidd / Main Administration & Customs Buildings Project, built-up area of approximately 20,000m2, Hidd, Bahrain.
Project major items of works: Soil Improvement, Substructure (Piling works etc.), Super Structure, Demolition and Earth Works, Roads, Under Ground Drainage and Storm Water Drainage Systems, Under Ground Cable Works, Irrigation System, Paving, Subbase and Asphalting, Road Marking and Signs, Street Lighting, Landscape, Power Distribution, Telecom Distribution, Finishes, Furnishing and Interior Decoration Works.
Consultant: Posford Haskoning / ACE – Almoayed.
Contractor: MJC Contracting Co. W.L.L.
Poly Star Incorporated, SAL Beirut, Lebanon
1998 – 2004
Contract Administrator / Project Engineer: Responsible for international and domestic contracting including proposals formulation, negotiations, awards, and of all branches of project and construction management, from conceptual through construction phases of new hotels, mixed-use developments, residential and medical projects. Was involved in over $2 billion worth of related projects of select experience:
Platinum Tower Beirut, Lebanon
Total Area 59,000m2
Mixed-Use Hospitality Project Aleppo, Syria
Total Area 67,000m2
City Stars Development Project Cairo, Egypt
Total Area 785,000m2
Mansour Palace, a Super-Luxury Hotel Beirut, Lebanon
Total Area 31,000m m2
Le Patio, a boutique Upscale Hotel Beirut, Lebanon
Bhamdoun Medical Center Bhamdoun – Lebanon
Comeco Construction Co. Beirut, Lebanon
Project Manager 1991 - 1998
Studies & Technical papers
Linking Contractor Payments to Contractor’s Performance, Construction Dispute & Claim Avoidance, Power Cranes & Excavators, Construction Automation & Robotics, Glass & Glazing of Curtain Walls, Wind Pressures & Rain Screen (Cavity) Walls, Pollution Due to Atmospheric Dispersion, and Dewatering of Deep Excavation.
Production and Operation Management, Construction Planning and Control, Project Management, Construction Equipment Management, Computers MIS (Management Information System), Reinforced Concrete, Soil Behavior, Building Enclosure, Wind Engineering and Aerodynamics, and Architectural Design of Building Envelops.