Youssef Samir RIZK
☎ + 961 3031690
DATE OF BIRTH: 24 Mar 1982
MARITAL STATUS: SINGLE
● Diploma in Communication Arts, Lebanese University, Faculty of Information
● Lebanese Baccalaureate, Experimental Sciences Section, Ibn Roshd High School, Beirut
PROFESSIONAL AND RELATED EXPERIENCE
Till present ● Naharnet (naharnet.com)
Senior English-language News Editor & Translator
Till present ● KAFA (Lebanese women’s rights NGO)
Freelance English-language Translator/Editor of articles & video content
Till present ● Mint Design Agency
Till Dec 2008 ● Oxygen Media & Advertising (KSA - Khobar)
Account Manager / Copywriter
Till Jun 2007 ● Oxygen Media & Advertising (KSA - Khobar)
Creative Department Coordinator / Copywriter
– News editing in English & Arabic
– Insight into Lebanese, regional & international affairs
– Instant translation
– Copywriting in English & Arabic
– Online research
TRAINING & WORKSHOPS
● Participated in the U.S. State Department's 2012 International Visitor Leadership Program (U.S. Elections and Political System: Background for Journalists).
The program involved seminars and meetings in Washington DC and five battleground U.S. states during the presidential electoral campaigns of Barack Obama and Mitt Romney.
● Participated in the Media for Development workshop organized by UNDP, AFP and Canal France International.
● Participated in the Energy and Environment Seminar organized by UNDP.
COMPUTER AND INTERNET KNOWLEDGE
MS Office, Windows, Social Media
● Arabic: Fluent (Read, spoken & written)
● English: Fluent (Read, spoken & written)
● Social Media
● Arts, Music, Theater, Film
Summary: Insight into local, regional and international politics, news and trends. Excellent writing and translation skills. Good management skills. Ability to work under pressure.
References and documents available upon request