Education: M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering (1985).
Experience: 25 years.
Date of Birth: 10, June, 1959.
Key Skills & Industry Experience
Proficient with a vast array of managerial, technical and commercial skills, in the following fields:
7 yrs. Recycling ------------------------ Operations Management, production, maintenance, research & development.
5 yrs. Polymer Technologies,------- Technical consultancy & services management, sales and marketing.
Machinery & Equipment ---- Commercial agency representation, sales & marketing.
3 yrs. Waste Management, --------- Domestic (solid) waste management, road works, project management,
General Contracting Quarry management.
10 yrs. Cement Industry ------------- (Industrial) Mechanical maintenance, new projects, research & development.
Senior Managerial Position with a well established company, possibly with an international perspective (special interest in GCC & MENA).
· 2004-2011 “Operations Manager” - Metal & Recycling Company (Kuwait).
· 2001-2004 “Manager / Technical Consultant” – Adel Behbehani General Trading Company (Kuwait).
· 1998-2001 “Technical & Sales Manager” – Industrial Services Corporation (Lebanon).
· 1995-1998 “Project Manager” – Terro Est. for Trading and Contracting (Lebanon).
· 1986-1995 “Mechanical Engineer” – Ciment De Sibline (Lebanon).
· Results-oriented, with comprehensive managerial and technical experience. Skilled in operations management, production & mechanical maintenance management. Concerned with the delivery of high quality products and services at optimum cost levels.
· Effective and efficient management of projects (scope, resources, timeline, project team, project steps, plan, progress of works, cost monitoring, cash flow, documentation, reports, etc.).
· Devised, engineered, procured, installed and commissioned a series of new projects and upgraded existing process lines within various industrial sectors (scrap steel recycling (ferrous & non-ferrous), scrap plastic recycling, scrap paper & card board, cement manufacturing, limestone quarries, etc.).
· A long track record of providing world-class services, helping to resolve complex issues, and developing non-conventional technical solutions. Extensive and hands-on experience in the field of mechanical maintenance, repair and installation of heavy industrial machinery and mobile equipment.
· Designed and implemented basic maintenance programs, preventive maintenance programs and service schedules for plant machinery and all site mobile equipment.
· Conducted studies, plans, and proposals for the replacement of obsolete equipment. Lead the evaluation, selection and purchasing process of new equipment (CAT 320 (Material Handling Equipment) with elevated cabin, Hydraulic Cranes, HINO (Hook-Lift) Trucks, CAT Loaders, (CAT, Mitsubishi) Fork-Lifts, etc.).
· Long practice in technical / commercial queries and negotiations with domestic & international vendors, preparing and checking of technical specifications, inquiry document, basic technical data sheets and specifications, vendor proposal review, ordering and inspection of required equipment.
· Designed, implemented and managed AMS (Asset Management System) and Work Order system; enabling a systematic work flow, proper allocation of resources, real estimates of labor and material costs.
· Configured, secured, supervised and successfully managed long term service contracts with major industrial organizations such as; EQUATE, KNPC (all refineries) and KOC (North, South, East & West),
· Power Plants (East & West Doha, Shuaiba (south), Subiya, Al-Zoor) for the maintenance, repair and rehabilitation of various process equipments (pumps, valves, heat exchangers, pipelines, process equipment, Pressure vessels, process vessels, process towers, sea water lines, etc.).
· Serviced and managed various contracts with major contractors and industrial entities within the Oil & Gas sector (such as, SNAMPROJETTI-Kuwait, ISCO, HEISCO, KHARAFI-NATIONAL, Al-MEER, KUWAIT DRILLING Co., KUWAIT SANTA-FE, KREMENCO, AHLEIA, PIC, CCC, etc.).
· Managed and supervised specialized mechanical workshops concerned with repair and application of preventive maintenance systems, such as; (hot & cold) rubber lining (vulcanization), internal and external coating of pipes, pumps, valves and vessels.
· Engineered, implemented and managed “Chouf Cleaning Project” with CDR, Lebanon for the collection of domestic (solid) waste. Designed, planned, organized and implemented “Construction and Demolition Waste Management” projects with major companies (AGILITY, Kharafi-National, Al-Shayaa, Al-Ghanim, etc.).
· Conducted and organized presentations, carried out successful sales activities and promoted specialized products, equipment and services to a wide range of industrial and governmental bodies.
· Managed ISO-14001 (Environmental) Certification process and successive surveillance audits.
· Strong leadership, proven and effective management, organization, training, development and supervision of specialized work force consisting of 150 employees including qualified engineers, technicians, supervisors, foremen, operators, welders, fabricators, fitters, drivers, skilled labors, etc.
· Preparation of department’s budget and target forecast plan, production plan, annual maintenance and production budgets using projected equipment utilization figures & parameters, as well as process lines production records and maintenance cost histories.
· Developed, maintained and monitored production (conversion) cost (accounting) system ensuring that products are processed and delivered at the optimum cost levels and within the desired quality standards.
· Conversant with the preparation and processing of financial reports and business review (Income Statement, Cash-Flow, Balance Sheet).
· Masters of Science in Mechanical Engineering – Technology of Machines Construction (Design).
GPA 09 (out of 10), Graduated in 1985.
“Traian Vuia” Polytechnics Institute of Timisoara – Faculty of Mechanics, Timisoara, Romania.
· Technical Baccalaureate – Part-II – Arts of Mechanics, 1979.
“Amlieh” High Technical School, Mechanical Engineering, Beirut, Lebanon.
· Arabic (native) / English / Romanian, Speak, Read & Write (Fluent).
· MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT, MS Project, Outlook), AutoCAD, Web-Browsing.
Training Courses & Seminars
· Management of Production Process Lines – 2010 (Kuwait Foundation for the advancement of Sciences – KFAS, Kuwait)
· Utilization of Cost Accounting Systems – 2011 (Kuwait Industries Union – KIU, Kuwait).
· Preparation of Economical Feasibility Studies for Industrial Projects – 2011 (Kuwait Industries Union – KIU, Kuwait).
· Lead without a title – 2011 (Robin Sharma, Kuwait)
· Blowers & Compressors – 1998 (Arzener Maschinen Fabrik, Germany)
· Material Conveying Systems – 1994 (REXNORD, Cyprus)
· Management Workshop – 1992 (HOLDERBANK, Lebanon).