Mobile: 00 961 3 661178
WALID J. ABOU ARRAJ
Place & date of birth: Machghara, October 17th, 1977
Marital status: Married
Hometown address: Awkar, facing US Embassy
2005 – 2007 MBA in Marketing Management, Rochville University
2000 – 2004 BA in Marketing Management & Business Administration, Rochville University.
2000 – 2002 Certificate in Computer Graphics (publishing), Notre Dame University.
1997 – 2000 Hospitality Management, American University College.
1995 – 1996 Lebanese Baccalaureates (philo) Mont La Salle.
Qualifications & skills:
Languages: Arabic, English, French excellently read, spoken and understood.
Computer skills: Perfect knowledge in: Word, excel, access, power point, adobe photoshop, adobe illustrator, quark express, corel draw, windows and internet research.
Management and technical
Skills: Management of IT system and internet networks and teams, training on ICT for staff and communities, monitoring and evaluation of ICT processes, managing people, cost control, inventory management, and marketing.
Events organization: Rally papers, concerts, exhibitions and miscellaneous events.
Office / Data Tendering & Processing Manager May 2012 – Present
International Orthodox Christian Charities (I.O.C.C)
Co-founder & Marketing Manager
Melting Level s.a.l – The Chocolate Lounge, Beirut March 2009 – Oct 2011
Marketing / ICT specialist
Relief International- USAID funded project Oct 2008 – April 2011
Implementing program called EMLED “Empowering Municipalities through Local Economic Development”, Responsible of the below tasks:
● The ICT department in the head office and the field offices
● Tutoring community centers computer skills and Microsoft Office applications
● Development of 15 municipal websites
● Development of an Online Knowledge Sharing Portal covering 130 municipalities
● GIS solution for the regions of AKKAR, JBEIL, JEZZINE and Al RIHANE
● Panoramic 360° photos of the national attraction, and interactive CD Rom development.
● Online Database design and development
● Computerizing RI M&E system and implement electronic documentation for all program related files
● Setup and maintain MCS (micro credit software), a customized credit software for EMLED
● Managing and handling the technical aspect of the network in its offices located in Hamra, Akkar, and Jezzine
Regional Operations manager December 06 – October 08
Al Diwan United Trading Co.
Managing 11 internet services centers in Kuwait and 5 sites in Iraq.
Running day to day activities, training and re-training staff to provide the highest level customer service, recruiting new qualified staff, analyzing sales figures, forecasting budgets, conducting profit and loss statements, implementing feasibility studies for new locations, monitoring the networks, analyzing customer feedback. Implementing Retail Brand Image according to Franchisor, preparing quarterly marketing plans and implementing it.
Marketing Manager and head of CRM department Feb 2004 – July 2006
(Inclusive of delivery dept. & customer care department).
Universal Food Company W.L.L
● Achieved successfully the set up, development and hand over all of the following depts.:
● Purchasing, Administrative & Stock Management, Customer Care dept. & Marketing @ (Master franchisor of ZAATAR W ZEIT - Kuwait, And Master Franchisor in the middle east of KONO PIZZA – Italy.
● Cost control, inventory management.
● Stock zoning, labeling and ordering, setting par levels.
● Filing and handling all administrative issues, coordinating between different depts. (Accounting, Operation, Central Kitchen, Stock, marketing.)
● Stock controlling & managing different orders (suppliers & retailers).
● Analyzing guest comment cards and archiving data.
● Handling all marketing issues (updating menus, all printing materials, packaging materials, rolling out new items promotions, implementing international standard marketing and visuals according to Zaatar W Zeit & Kono Pizza standards & regulations.
● Setting seasonal and yearly retail marketing plans accordingly with the master franchisor.
● Set up and development of the delivery call centre.
● Set up and development of the customer care department.
Assistant marketing manager & customer care officer June 2002 – January 2003
Meeting Point – Dunkin Donuts
● Organizing campaigns (timing, goals, rolls out).
● Rolling out international campaigns.
● Coordinating between different departments (Ops, marketing and finance).
Production manager November 2001 – May 2002
● Production: printing process, content …
● Marketing: marketing campaigns, in-house advertisements, marketing strategy for events…
● Internet: designing and hosting the web site of the magazine
Military service 2000 – 2001
Bar supervisor 1999 - 2000
Entertainment department (Lebanese catering & restaurants)
● Managing the bar (cost. Control, training, promotions)
● Running shifts and day to day activities
● Taking part in budget control and rolling out promotions.
[1999 – 2000] Executive coordinator & distributing manager at the wall magazine.
[1997 – 1999] Sales representative at Canada Import (cellular parts & accessories).
[1996 – 2004] Ski instructor (winter season) at Faraya Mzar (Lebanese ski school).
[1994 – 1997] Security guard at Patrick Security & Services Agency (P.S.S.A).
The One Minute Manager – Location Data Report – Retail Food Safety Systems – what is 6 Sigma – 7 habits of the lady warrior - Customer Service for Enhanced Restaurants Productivity – Marketing Strategies for Shopping Centers – Neuro Linguistic Programming – Customer Relationship Management (CRM) – The Millionaire Mind – Sun Tzu’s The Art of War – Keeping customers for life.
Hobbies & Interests: Reading, winter sports.