Mohammad Issam Shehab
Mob: +961 70 222218
E-mail: Mohammad.[email protected]
Attention: Personnel Officer
Dear Sir / Madam,
Subject: Cover letter
I am a Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting major, graduate from Beirut Arab University. The BBA program is an undergraduate business degree program specifically designed to develop leaders in different business fields.
As well, I accomplished the degree of Master of Business Administration at Lebanese American University. The curriculum prepared me for key roles in managerial and professional positions in business; along with advancing myself for leadership in the quest for economic and social development.
My experiences, my MBA studies plus my BBA degree and the several previous internships I had undergone, have confirmed my interest in the Accounting and the Finance divisions. They have also supported my search for a career particularly within successful companies.
I would like to apply for a suitable position in your esteemed organization that is most relevant to my working experience and educational background. I am confident that I can use my enthusiastic and initiative-oriented personality to contribute to the established success of your organization. In addition, I am well acquainted with IFRS, GAAP & AIS.
Enclosed is a copy of my Curriculum Vitae that further details my qualifications and experiences for your review, as I would appreciate and look forward for the opportunity to discuss careers with you and how my skills can positively contribute to your firm. If you need any other information, please do not hesitate to contact me at 00961 70 222218.
I strongly believe that my application and my skills would not only meet your requirements but would also be an asset of value to your esteemed organization.
Kindly take note that I will apply for the CPA on January 2012.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
M O H A M M A D S H E H A B
- Place and date of birth: Beirut - January 07, 1984
- Nationality: Lebanese
- Status: Married
- Address: Sodeco Area – Beirut, Lebanon
- Mobile Number: + 961 70 222218
- E-mail: Mohammad.[email protected]
- Challenging opportunities.
- Work for a reputable organization.
- Enhance my professional career.
- My skills can be employed and developed.
- Make practical use of my degree.
- Master the key proficiencies of my major through continuous dedication and commitment.
Education & Diplomas
- 2007 – 2010: The Degree of Master of Business Administration.
Lebanese American University – Beirut, Lebanon.
- 2009 – 2010: Endorsed Internal Auditing Program from American Institute of Internal Auditors. Lebanese American University – Beirut, Lebanon.
- 2002 – 2006: Bachelor in Business Administration – Major, Accounting.
Beirut Arab University – Beirut, Lebanon.
- 1988 – 2002: Lebanese Baccalaureate in Economics & Sociology.
Makassed Schools – Beirut, Lebanon.
- July 11 – Present: Financial Control Manager for East Mediterranean Region.
Schneider Electric - Beirut, Lebanon.
Schneider Electric is the Global Specialist in Energy Management with operations in more than 100 countries, 200 Factories around the world, R&D Centers in 25 Countries, 120000 employees and achieved sales of more than 22 billion euros in 2011.
Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in energy and infrastructure, industrial processes, building automation, and data centers, as well as a broad presence in residential applications.
Lead the Financial Control team for Schneider Electric East Mediterranean region including Lebanon, Iraq, Jordan, Syria, and Cyprus.
Main Duties& Responsibilities:
- Perform budget & cost control wide planning, scope by country market, entity, and business line objectives “Activity Based Costing” in operating and capital budget processes.
- Develop, implement, communicate, and maintain a credit management policy & credit risk for East Med in line with local and corporate policies and ensure its application.
- Approve or reject, or coordinate the approval and rejection of lines of credit.
- Oversee the flow of cash and financial instruments.
- Determine the status of collections and the amounts of outstanding balances.
- Analyze and classify risks and investments to determine their potential impacts on the company.
- Provide decision support for growth opportunities through country & business analysis.
- Develop and analyze information to assess the current and future financial status of firms.
- Establish procedures for custody and control of assets.
- Prepare financial and regulatory reports required by laws, regulations, and boards of directors.
- Monitor Schneider Electric group reporting processes, including business reviews.
- Transferring Prices within the Group
- Delta Price and Delta Volume Calculation & Analysis
- Standard Costing Study
- Customer Discounts Control
- Purchase Orders versus Sales Order
Professional Experience (Continued)
- December 09 – July 11: Supervisor, Head of Section “Management Accounting”.
MBC Group - Beirut, Lebanon.
MBC Group has four departments; the First one is MBC facilities which offer information on MBC group studios and facilities. The Second details marketing principles of issuing licenses and franchise activities. The third department features the procedures of O3, the Dubai-based leading Production Company specializing in the production and distribution of documentary films, movies and episodes. The fourth is the MBC new media technologies department responsible for latest coverage of news and entertainment via internet and mobile phone services. With 165 million viewers, MBC is the largest media and broadcasting group in the Middle East & North Africa.
Kindly take note that I started as senior accountant in MBC then I got promoted into my current position.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Finance Manager; Three colleagues under my direct supervision, and I hold a signature in the approval cycle & processes.
Prepayments, Accruals, Inter-company (sending & receiving monthly Debit/Credit Notes to/from various sister companies with supporting documents & monthly reconciliation process).
Posting transactions and reconciliations with modules in order to comply with the accounting standards (GAAP, IFRS, AIS & Local Regulations).
- Fixed Assets: Additions, Depreciations, Retirements and Create Accounting.
- Project Accounting & Inventory: Monthly closing transactions of COGS & Sales of projects related with profit margin. Ensure that the amount & quantity of the inventory on the system is identical to the actual inventory.
- Budgeting: Preparation, validation & controlling of Cap-ex, Op-ex, P&L by company and departments, projects & tasks. Analyzing utilizations costs & variance costs between standard rates & actual. Annual forecasts & progress against saving plans, through ensuring cost control & reducing costs.
- Reporting: Monthly Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cash Flow. As well, monthly management reporting and Budgeted versus the Actual Variances.
- Risk Management & Audit Processes: Making sure that all group policies & procedures are being well applied from financial perspective. Setting Series of monthly control exercises & practices to be held on monthly basis to ensure proper work quality.
Preparing yearly audit file & balances confirmation letters. Keeping abreast of current development in accounting standards and changes in taxation laws.
- Governmental Taxation: Yearly fiscal declarations, income & nonresident taxes “WHT”, salaries & cut wages taxes, stamp & custom Duty and quarterly VAT declarations.
- Timetable & Deadlines: Setting monthly timetable and deadlines to all accounting & finance sections within; and assuring monthly closing on time.
Professional Experience (Continued)
- April 07 – November 09: Accountant at M1 Group - Beirut, Lebanon.
M1 Group is the corporate head office of a Lebanese entity operating in various industries such as Telecommunication, airline, oil, real estate, manufacturing, capital markets and retail across the Middle East, Africa, United States and Europe.
Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements (balance sheet, cash flow, bank position, income statement) in order to report the company’s position (allocate expenses, income, accruals, payables, receivables) while ensuring proper recording of all accounting entries. Reporting package including budget-to-actual variation analysis.
Main Duties& Responsibilities:
- Examining accounting records and recording accounting transactions in order to properly allocate receivables and payables (transfers, interest, supplier’s payments, client’s collections, and investment in affiliated companies, etc…).
- Registering and monitoring financial markets movements & performing periodical valuations.
- Prepare and follow up payment of all taxes (the VAT quarterly, Built property tax annually, income tax quarterly, and municipality tax, NSSF).
- Preparing monthly billings and following up on collection of receivables.
- Reconcile all accounts (suppliers, affiliated companies, petty cash, etc…).
- Review bank statements in order to reconcile incoming and outgoing transfers, deposits, verify then record interest and fees calculations and make sure it is in line with signed contracts/agreements. Reviewing procedure for opening LCs & LGs.
- Made wire transfers and journal funding transfers and reconciled monthly bank statements.
- Training and guiding junior accountants and/or other employees performing related work.
- Maintaining daily coordination with subsidiaries, business partners, banks and lawyers.
- Coordinating with external auditors for fiscal year closing.
- File all documents in line with the e-filing policy and procedure in order to facilitate data extraction for both legal and accounting matters.
- Worldwide fashion, Faconnable Group in Europe & USA.
- Real estate in MEA, USA, UK & Europe.
- Aviation companies in Geneva.
- Petrochemical in British Virgin Island.
- Implementation of Hyperion Financial Management software: Design, implementation, testing (September 08 till March 09).
- Not-for-Profit Organization study.
- Opening Companies & Liquidation.
Academic Work Experience, Graduate Assistantship & Internship
- October 10 – Present: Instructor in Faculty of Business & Economics at AUST
Teaching undergraduate courses in Accounting and provide an effective learning environment for every student through well prepared classes; productivity in scholarly activities; participation in curriculum and program development; appropriate service on college and university committees.
- October 08 – June 10: Part time assistant to a Hotel Management Professor in LAU.
- Assist to complete several researches to be presented at Harvard and Cambridge Universities.
- Support in daily class planning, assignments, exams, and proctoring.
- Study-Work program at hotel management lab.
- November 06 – March 07: Credit Facilities Department, BLOM Bank – Beirut, Lebanon.
My personal disposition has always been directed toward quality service, and the training has given me a solid understanding of the work field.
Professional Skills and Abilities:
- Strong Team Leadership Skills.
- Good team player, with the ease of leading and training others and/or being led or trained.
- High work ethics and standards to achieve social value in what I do, Sarbanes Oxley Act.
- Analytical Skills, quick learner & impressive interpersonal talents.
- Very high motivated and work abilities seeking perfection in jobs required.
- Self-discipline, initiative & work on self-development.
- Able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to certain problems.
- Integrity, takes actions which are consistent with values and beliefs.
- Team Spirit, participates as a team member & support team decisions.
- Performance Excellence .
- Follow precisely policies, procedures & working methods.
- Offers new ideas to deal with current situations, Business Plans.
- Knowledge in IFRS, IAS & Lebanese Taxation law.
- Entire working experience in computerized environment.
Proficient with software applications as MS Excel, Word, Power Point and Internet.
Specialized in Accounting Programs as Oracle ERP 12i, BEE Business Solution (ACI),
Oracle Hyperion Financial Management (HFM Reporting System) and SPSS.
Trainings, Seminars, Courses & Workshops
- SAP ERP; Schneider Electric – Beirut.
- Workshops from July 2011 till December 2011
- Oracle ERP 12i; MBC Group – Beirut.
- Workshops from December 2009 till March 2010
- Leadership; Lebanese American University – Beirut.
- Course from February 2009 till June 2009
- Foreign Exchange Market (DBFX Trading Station); Deutsche Bank – London.
- Video Conference in April 2009
- IFRS – From Principle to practice; Price Waterhouse Coopers (PWC) – Dubai.
- Training in August 2008
- Oracle Hyperion (HFM); Administrative Training for End User, Financial Management, Financial Reporting & Technical Training; Paragon Consulting Group – London.
- Workshop in June 2008
- SPSS program (Statistical Package for Social Science); Lebanese American Uni. – Beirut.
- Course from February 2008 till June 2008
- Excel & VBA (Micros) level 3 – Advanced; Formatech – Beirut.
- Training in November 2007
- Time Management; Lebanese Scout Organization – Beirut.
- Workshop in August 2007
- Computer Applications; Management Information System, Accounting Information System & Specialized Accounting Systems; Beirut Arab University – Beirut.
- Seminars from January 2002 till May 2006
Fluent in Arabic and English; both spoken and written. Basic knowledge in French.
Leisure Avtivities, Special Interests & Others
Volunteering in social services, sports & listening to music.
Obtained An International Aglet Wooden Certificate From Global Scout Organization.
Minister Dr. Khaled Kabbani, Chairman of the Lebanese Civil Service Board.
Mobile Phone: +961 3 665 803- Beirut, Lebanon.