70 199 846 mobile
Citizenship: Canadian and Lebanese
Fluent in English, French and spoken Arabic (Basic reading and writing skills in Arabic)
2008-2011 Graduate Student, American University of Beirut, Centre for Arab and Middle Eastern Studies (CAMES) Thesis Topic: Youth Unemployment in Lebanon and its impact on the Economy Areas of Focus: Migration, Career Trajectory, Education and Training, and the Job Market.
2005 Oxford Seminars TESL/TEFL (Teaching English as a Second/Foreign Language) Certificate, Toronto, ON
2001-2005 Bachelor of Arts University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Honours Degree in International Relations and Near and Middle Eastern Studies.
2012-present Standards Consultants, Beirut, Lebanon Reference: Dr. Hady Safa, 961 1 791841 Trainer
· Responsible for training course preparations(Soft Business Skills)
o Business Writing Skills
o Effective Communication
o Presentation Skills
o Managing Complex Situations
o Leadership and Teamwork
· Responsible to teach soft skills courses as part of the Lebanese American University (LAU) Continuing Education Program
2010-present Business Incubation Association of Tripoli (BIAT), Tripoli, Lebanon Reference: Ms. Sarah Marhaba, 961 6 425 600 Ext: 250 External Relations Officer
· Responsible for all donor relations (Donor Relations Management)
· Responsible for all visibility, marketing and communications
· Project Management – SHAAMS Strategic Hubs from the Analysis and Acceleration of the Mediterranean Solar Sector
· Responsible for grant/proposal writing
· Grant Contract Management (We are funded by the European Union)
· Event Management
2009- 2010 American University of Beirut: Center for Arab and Middle East Studies (CAMES) Graduate Assistant Reference: Dr. Aliya Saidi 961 01 344 733 or [email protected]
· Responsible for administrative duties
· Academic research assistants for Professors in the department
· Data collection and categorization.
2006-2010 American Academy of Beirut Teacher, English and History Reference: Reem Hout 961 03 465-080 or [email protected]
· Responsible for helping the students achieve the level of English necessary to transition smoothly into University.
· Teach World History to high school students, preparing them for university level classes.
2005-2007 Wall Street Institute School of English. Beirut, Lebanon English Teacher and Language Program Designer Reference: Monique Kahi 961 03 734 982 or [email protected]
· Worked in a highly professional environment teaching English to adults.
· Assessed student levels, planned and prepared lessons relevant to the students needs
· Prepared specific programs for groups using Wall Street Methods
· Ensured that each student reached his/her target English goal
· Prepared training and trained staff for Sahnaoui Bros., Aishti, MTC Touch Lebanon
· Created specialized English language program for Law
Summer 2006 University of Toronto. Toronto, Canada Joint Program Coordinator for the Centre for Sexual Diversity Studies and Canadian Studies Academic Programs. Reference: Jim Linley 00 1 416 978 8084 or [email protected]
· Responsible for all administrative tasks related to the academic programs.
· Maintained the website, program databases, and course syllabuses
· Responsible to maintain the research files up to date
· Advised students on academic concerns
· Oversaw the work study students, and ensured that all Teaching Assistants were well informed of their required duties.
Dec 2010 “Children and Youth in the MENA Region: Towards Unleashing their Potentials”, run in collaboration by the World Bank and the MENA Child and Youth Initiative.
Feb 2011 “Writing to Win” Proposal Writing Workshop; conducted by Mr. Bourhane Kreitem, expert EU Project Cycle Management (PCM) methodology.
Nov 2011 “Seminar on Trademarks and Geographical Indicators”, organized by WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organization)
Feb 2012 EU Capacity Building: Value Chain and Sub Sector, Trainer Mr. Michel Manader, EU Expert
Mar 2012 Access to Finance in Lebanon, Loan Mall for Available Financing options in Lebanon
Oct 2012 EU Capacity Building: Sales Tools, Sales Strategies, Planning and Development, Trainer Ms. Mary-Jo Char, EU Expert
First Aid Certified
Project management, leadership and team work experience
Computer skills; Microsoft office and basic HTML, familiarity with PC and Mac products