Lina S. FARAH
Address: Sabtieh, Bitar Hospital Street, Awad Building 2nd floor.
Phone: 70 15 19 03
E-mail: [email protected]
Languages: Arabic, English written, read and spoken.
Lebanese Baccalaureate in Philosophy 1995-1996
Aithah Al Chaab Official School
Bachelor of Sciences in Nursing, Graduated MARCH 2000
Lebanese University Faculty of Public Health Section V
Pre Graduate paid Training,
Feb 2000-June 2000 at Nabatieh Govermental Hospital:
Acted as a Registered nurse in pediatric medical surgical unit.
Was responsible to take full care of 4-6 patients on shift basis.
AUB-MC, Pediatrics & neonatology, Nov 2000 till February 2007
- Pediatric oncology hematology RN since February 2007 at The AUBMC, Children’s Cancer Center of Lebanon, inpatient department (CCCL-IN), affiliated with St Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee.
- CCCL out patient clinic; caring for pediatric population with hematology and oncology disease. From October 2009 ongoing.
- Educated at age specific care and approach.
- Educated to care for patients with different pathologies (medical-surgical, cardiovascular, epilepsy and neurological deficits)
- Educated to manage patient care in Neonatal Intensive Care and Pediatric Intensive Care.
- Providing chemotherapy to pediatric oncology patients.
- Acted as in charge of the floor, during nurse manager’s absence.
- Acted as assistant Magnet champion for August, September and October 2008.
- Acted as preceptor for one RN.
- Acted as mentor for one Registered Nurse, such as advising, follow up, whenever needed.
- Retinoblastoma coordinator starting August 2012,arrange team meetings, follow up on patients treatment schedule ,facilitate patients follow up.
- August 2008: I was elected as employee of the month.
- December 2008: Recognized from the Nursing services department for quality of service provided.
- Computer skills include Microsoft windows, power point, Internet surfing and E-mail.
- Languages: English & Arabic excellent written, read & spoken.
- Certified for insertion and care for Intravenous Access Devices (IVAD) and Hickman lines as per AUBMC guidelines.
- Certified in Basic Life Support As per American Heart Association through the American University of Beirut Medical Center- Staff Development (Accredited as ANCC provider).
- Certified in Blood Transfusion by the American University of Beirut Medical Center- Staff Development.
- Certified to act as Care Coordinator during evening, night & holiday duties.
- Involved in Quality Improvement Projects.
- Involved in Hospital Committees like recruitment /retention committee.
- Animated activities for orphans during Child’s Day.
- Collaborated in a community activity as fund raising for “Brave Heart”.
- Collected and analyzed data about Adverse Drug Events (ADE).
- Involved in a task force such as educational skill day, by collecting gifts, prepared educational games.
- Act as Usher is Open House activity at AUB MC.
- Shared as active member in community activity such as safety fair activity June 2008, collected gifts, helped in preparing the event.
- Conducted and presented sessions for RNs about pediatric diseases & new research topics, on units level basis.
- Certifying and training registered nurses on new equipment.
- Certify RNs for any new policy or procedure as per AUB MC (socp) practice
- Shared in preparing patient education material.
- Was a dynamic member in organizing the Joint Commission International (JCI) Day 2008, prepared educational games, encouraged others to participated in the games, collected games, April 2007
- Shared in preparation for patient education material (Hygiene).
- Acted as volunteer in marathon November 2012.
- Active member in research committee sine Augest 2012.
- Certified for blood withdrawal from lab medicine AUBMC.
EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES & HOBBIES
- Attended the third Meeting of Continuing Surgical Education Program 2005.
- Attended the 12th Congress of the union of the Arab Pediatric Societies.
- Attended the first Conference of the Lebanese Society of the Emergency Medicine.
- Attended the XXI 1st Annual Medical conference,” Nursing session “.
- Attended Emergency preparedness workshop.
- Attended “Promoting patient safety conference”.
- Attended “Oncology and Nursing”.
- Preceptor workshop.
- Mentor workshop.
- Enjoy dancing & swimming, cooking, internet surfing.
- Attended special cooking classes .
- Attend in-service sessions ,as well as online session with Saint Jude Hospital Memphis.
Ms .Nadine Ghobreel
St .Jude in patient NM, AUBMC
Tel: 01/350000 ext 7640/7643
DR .Maysaa Salman
Children cancer center out patient Fellowship
Tel: 01/350000 ext 8147