Jihad & Abdallah Abou Jaoudeh Bldg. Nationality: Lebanese
Broumana Mobile: +961 3 093695
Metn, Lebanon E-mail: [email protected]
Rita Jihad Abou Jaoudeh (D.O.B. 1991)
Objective: Seeking a position in the field of Health & Safety, Sustainable Development, and/or Quality Assurance, where I can further develop and implement the skills I gained from my education in order to safe guard public health and the environment
Oct. 2012 – Present Project officer – University of Balamand
- Monitoring and coordination of UNICEF, Back to School project with Syrian Refugees in Lebanon
- Coordination of UNFPA Y-peer education project with Syrian Refugees in Lebanon
- Data collection and coordination of Marshall Legacy Institute (MLI) project with landmine survivors in Lebanon
- School Health project (Awareness sessios) in association with Ministry of Social Affairs
Oct.2009- September 2012 BSc. Public Health and Development Sciences
University of Balamand, Lebanon
Faculty of Health Sciences (FHS)
2008- 2009 Lebanese Baccalaureate in Sociology and Economics
2003- 2009 Valley International School (VIS) Metn, Lebanon
1993 – 2003 Broumana High School (BHS) Metn, Lebanon
- Prepared Coding Guides for a national project regarding the water system in the country
- Assisted in social projects done in the community of Ayta el Shaeb – South Lebanon to assess the status of women in the region (Interviewing the women, analyzing the data, data entry)
- Assisted in educational sessions done in Akkar schools for promoting awareness among students in the region about violence and accepting others.
Oct.2010 – Oct. 2011
- Office of Students’ Affairs : Planning activities, organizing activities/events, Responsible for student affairs
Oct. 2009 – June. 2010
- Co-curricular activities office: Assisted in the administration and analysis of data generated by surveys done at schools about school health and violence among children.
TRAININGS AND CERTIFICATES
June 2012 – September 2012
- Internship at the co-academic program, University of Balamand. Worked on 2 projects; one aimed at providing physical assistance and computer skills training for landmine survivors, and another aimed at assessing the situation of the Migrant Domestic Workers in Lebanon.
- Planned, executed and participated in the annual student retreat in the Faculty of Health Sciences (UOB/FHS), with the theme of “Leadership and Motivation”
- Continuing education course on Torture (UOB/FHS and co-academic program), aims at providing participants with an overview of what torture is and how it could be prevented.
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety provided by Boecker, introduces participants to the food safety concepts and how to deal with food in a safe manner to provide the best quality of food services.
- Completed an online course and was certified regarding the issue of ethics in public health in the age of terrorism, offered by University at Albany, State University of New York
- Volunteered with the UN at the Second Meeting of State Parties for the Convention of Cluster Munitions in Beirut- Lebanon
June – August 2011
- Trained on first aid provided by the Lebanese Red Cross and UOB-FHS
February – May 2011
- Participated in The Youth Economic Forum (YEF) workshop in Tripoli – North Lebanon. A project for policy reform in Tripoli, in which I was a part of a group that proposed a project about recycling which was covered by the media and universities.
- Participated in a Photovoice project at the Faculty of Health Sciences, that aimed at highlighting social issues around Lebanon
- Participated in the civic education program for Youth in Hamline University (Minnesota – USA), selected students from certain countries for an intensive training on tolerance, equality, and acceptance.
2005 – 2006
- Participated in the model – UN workshop for youth in LAU
Ø Microsoft Word
Ø Microsoft PowerPoint
Ø SPSS (data entry)
HOBBIES AND PERSONAL SKILLS
Ø Team work
Ø Time management
Ø Working under stress
Ø Technical Report Writing
Ø Presentation Skills
English – Excellent
Arabic – Excellent
French – Fair
Available upon request