CAMÉLIA METIAS, PMP
618-1005 King St W Telephone : 416 875 6897
Toronto, ON M6K 3M8 E-mail: [email protected]
Linkedin : http://ca.linkedin.com/in/cameliametias
Experienced in managing multiple projects across different industries such as banking, real-estate, automotive, and consumer packaged goods. Strong vendor management and reporting skill set. Recognized for persuasive communication, a client focused approach, as well as creative thinking abilities and exceptional relationship-building talents. Exhibits a high level of attention to detail and high personal standards for accuracy and quality of work produced.
· Fully tri-lingual French, English and Arabic.
· Successfully completed the Project Management Professional (PMP) designation.
· Experienced in developing, managing and executing marketing, PR and promotions campaigns of multinational accounts primarily classified in the top 500 companies worldwide.
· Worked in a global environment liasing between team based in Dubai, UAE and regional teams based in other Gulf Countries and suppliers.
· Proficient in understanding and communicating with diverse clients of different cultures.
· Has a productive, enthusiastic, detail-oriented approach to her work and is able to develop and manage relationships that drive results.
Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), TORONTO, ON September 2010 – 2013
Capital Markets - Program Control Officer (PgCO) Contract
Joined Capital Markets $40million Global Surveillance System Implementation Program as a PgCO to provide overall program management support to the Program Director as well as governance in the Large Program Management Framework into the Capital Markets environment.
· Collected, analyzed and compiled program deliverables for the Program Management Office.
· Performed a governance role to ensure that reporting processes and data output adhere to policy standards.
· Supported the Program Director in the preparation of various project portfolio reports for Program and Executive audiences including Steering Committee and Senior Oversight Group using PowerPoint and Excel. Developed and maintained solid and effective working relationships across the organization with stakeholders.
· Established and managed the Change Management Process from end to end: log and control change requests, maintain and track change logs, manage communication around status/approval, and track the budget.
· Acted as central point of communication for the Program Management team: the core team members, management, business partners and other stakeholders on program. Escalated issues where appropriate.
· Assisted in updating and maintaining project dashboard with new changed tasks/activities received from Project Managers and Team Leaders.
· Put together process flows for weekly, monthly and quarterly deliverables using Excel and Visio.
· Set up and maintained a project library in SharePoint to enable documentation access for all project stakeholders.
· Identified opportunities for process improvements and enhancements to reporting.
· Prepared documents for various recurring meetings including minutes, issue logs, risks logs and action items.
· Monitored, reconciled and processed vendor expenses and other invoices. Prepared weekly Program Status.
· Managed process for all required updates to internal financial management tracking tools.
· Managed the Program’s enhancement requests as a separate project: prioritized the requests with IT and Business leads, facilitated the weekly status meeting, coordinated and tracked estimation activities with IT leads, reviewed issues with the team, scheduled and executed the enhancements items; and communicated completion to management and project team.
Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), TORONTO, ON June – September 2010
Program Control Officer (PgCO) Contract
Joined the HST Program as a PgCO to provide overall program management support to the program managers and assist business units leaders reviewing and assessting cost management opportunities.
· Reported to the Program Director.
· Worked closely with IT and BU project managers to deliver successfully, on time and within budget.
· Assisted program managers in creating weekly Senior management Status reports.
· Assisted Program Director in managing financials of the Program.
· Facilitated all status meetings, responsible for coordination, booking, monitoring attendance, distributing materials, taking meeting minutes etc.
· The Program’s purpose was to achieve the bank’s HST compliance by identifying and remediating all systems and business processes impacted by HST (in-house or vendor managed) for Ontario and British Columbia as well as ensuring cost management through business tax initiatives.
· Projects for the program exceeded 60 with a budget amounting to $3.5 million.
SNC LAVALIN Operations & Maintenance, TORONTO, ON 2007-2009
Project lead – Strategic Procurement Department
Joined SNC Lavalin O&M, a leader in operations and maintenance management solutions and a subdivision of the Canadian leading engineering firm – SNC Lavalin, as part of a project management team to develop and maintain a web-based contract management database amounting to $10M.
· Successfully planned the contract management workflow process, and in conjuction with a team of web developers, launched a web portal for contract maintenance, reporting and archiving.
· Tracked the contracts budget and financials.
· Significantly reduced time required to process contracts’ amendments by creating an interactive online tool for collaborative team update.
· Developed a conscise standard operating manual to help buyers manage contract documents, services and deliverables, payment terms, contract mile stones, and necessary approvals.
· Played a lead role in educating the Toronto buyers team and the regional teams on the new processes developed and walked them through the manuals as the teams adjusted to the new processes.
· Worked as part of a team to transition new business from Calgary Courts Centre and Bank of Montreal properties to the SNC-Lavalin ProFac facilities management portfolio.
· Revised existing bi-lingual contracts and compliance documents as required.
PERSPECTIVE PR, DUBAI, UAE 2004 – 2007
Senior Account Manager
Was hired to handle the agency’s two exciting accounts in IT and packaged goods industries, and work with the managing director on new business initiatives.
- Within two years, the agency was able to grow the business adding up to 15 new accounts to its portfolio including Gillette, Audi, Sheraton, National Bank of Abu Dhabi, and other players in the real-estate, banking, IT, and hospitality industries.
- Launched a $15 billion tourist complex project as part of a diverse and widespread team that organized a massive event ceremony, as well as a press conference hosting over 110 journalists from Europe, North America, and the Middle East.
- Successfully utilized PR initiatives to achieve coverage objectives including tradeshows, media interview, press releases, profile stories and media kits.
- Managed suppliers based in Dubai and in the Gulf region and chaired regular meetings to ensure projects are on time and within budget.
- Built excellent relationships with journalists, internal clients and external suppliers from different cultures.
- Contributed in several crisis management educational workshops conducted by MTI Network, a large crisis media management network committed to handle media relations in the event of any marine or transport related incident.
IBA MEDIA, CAIRO, EGYPT 2001 - 2004
Assistant Chief Operations Officer
Joined IBA Media, a 20-year experience media group providing information for and about Egypt, to handle the execution of various online projects, and work with the Chief Operations Officer on the publishing house’s new processes, workflows, policies and marketing initiatives. In parallel, launched the first French general interest magazine in the market.
· Developed, implemented and evaluated communications strategies designed to inform employees of initiatives and policies of the organization.
· Coordinated special publicity events and promotions for internal and external audiences.
· Supervised the printing process and managed the distribution and circulation of all the
· Planned, executed and directed various marketing and advertising materials to promote
the different interests publications.
· Worked with the French magazine’s editor to ensure that the monthly publication is produced on time, on budget and to the highest standards, demonstrated superior writing and editing abilities.
· Worked with writers and photographers on assignments, helped cultivate specific story contacts.
· Coordinated art and design requirements and managed the magazine’s sales team.
SKILL-LINK.ORG, CAIRO, EGYPT 2000 - 2001
Manager- Research, Content & Promotion
Was asked to join Skill-link.org , an internet based recruitment and career advisory service used by companies in the Arab Region, to launch its “Interest Zone”, a career publication and act as a research and promotion specialist to deliver and execute the company’s marketing activities.
· Editor in chief of the first career weekly online publication in the Middle East. Had the
primary responsibility for the company’s website content, encompassing areas of interest,
interactive screens and links.
· Organized, directed and evaluated the design, development and maintenance of the company’s website.
· Planned, designed, directed and executed various advertising, promotional and public awareness initiatives to promote the company. Organized press conferences and events.
Project Management Institute Southern Ontario Chapter 2009 – 2010
Member of the volunteer committee
· Established new processes for volunteers.
· Enhanced existing writing material: orientation manual, presentations to new volunteers.
École de la Cité 2009 - 2010
· Teached French as a second language to Canadian federal government employees in
preparation for the language proficiency tests.
· Teached beginners, intermediate and advanced levels.
Project Management Professional (PMP) designation July 2011
Humber College, Toronto, ON December 2010
· Project Management Certificate
Bachelor of Arts, The American University in Cairo (AUC) June 1999
· Major: Journalism and Mass Communication.
· Specialization: Integrated Marketing Communication