Name Tarek Daher
Permanent Addresses 1. Rue Gillebertus 41, 1090 Bruxelles
2. Daher Bldg. Kfaroumane, South Lebanon
Current Address MSF OCBA South Sudan
Current Phone + 00 211 922 403 848
KEY COMPETENCIES Strategic thinking, visioning and networking
Strong context and security analysis especially in the MENA region
Logistic assessment and management
Human resource management
Strong leadership style
Extensive knowledge and experience of humanitarian aid
1985 License in Civil Engineering St. Joseph University, Lebanon
1984 University Diploma in Technology St. Joseph University, Lebanon
1981 French Baccalaureate Scientific Section
Mother Tongue French
Secondary Languages English, Arabic, Spanish, Wolof (Senegalese dialect)
INTERESTS Reading, Swimming, Diving, Travelling
1. Medicins sans Frontiers’, (MSF). Worked in a range of roles for MSF an international medical humanitarian aid organisation from a logistics and most notably senior field management positions over the last xx years. This work has primarily involved working in high security, epidemic or areas of natural disaster as below:
· Jan 2014 – current Head of Mission – South Sudan (MSF Spain)
Leading a team of 40 expatriates, 3 long term projects, 2 emergency projects (January, February 2014) both of them in the Upper Nile, more than 500 national staff, around 9 million Euros budget/Year. Volatile environment
· Jan 2012 – Dec 2013 Head of Mission – Yemen (MSF Spain)
Management of 4 projects in Harradh, Sana’a, Habilain and Aden focusing on different issues - migrants, hospital management, HIV, IDP camps. 32 expatriates, 350 Staff. Budget 6 millions/year. Insecure environment.
· Sept 2011- Dec 2011 Head of Mission – Syria (MSF Belgium)
Monitoring the situation in Syria and building a network with key Syrian stakeholders, including the Syrian opposition
· Sept 2010 - Aug 2011 Head of Mission – Iraq (MSF Belgium)
Management of 2 projects in Baghdad and Basra. 4 million euros project, 12 expatriates, 50 national staff. Capacity building project in Emergency Rooms.
· Sept 2008 - June 2010 Head of Mission – Cameroon (MSF Swiss) Responsible for 3 projects: Ulcerus Buruli, Emergency for CAR refugees in Cameroon, Second line AIDS project. 12 international staff, 120 national, 3 3.5 million euros budget
· July 2007 – July 2008 Head of Mission – North Sudan (MSF Belgium) Responsible for 4 Projects in Northern Darfour and 1 Project in Port Sudan
32 international staff, more than 600 national staff, > 9 million euros budget.
· Oct 2006 – May 2007 Head of Mission – Zimbabwe (MSF Belgium) AIDS Project in Murambinda region
· July 2006 - Sept 2006 Head of Emergency Mission – Lebanon (MSF Belgium) Based in Beirut and the south during the Israeli/Lebanese war (Hezbollah).
· Dec 2005- June 2006 Deputy Head of Mission – Pakistan (MSF Belgium) Based in Islamabad for Earthquake Emergency
· Sept 2003- Oct 2005 Regional Logistics Supply - Ivory Coast, Guinea, Liberia, Sierra Leone (MSF Belgium)
- Jan 1999- June 2003 General Director of MSF United Arab Emirates (MSF France)
- Contact and networking with the local authorities.
- Presentations and conferences in Universities and High Schools.
- Implementation and supervision of fund raising strategies.
- Communication with the media
- Management and supervision of the Abu Dhabi and Dubai office representing MSF in the MEA/GCC region.
· Sept 1997 - Nov 1998 MSF EPI Advisor/Consultant at the Ministry of Health - Chad
Implementation of all EPI logistic activities in all countries Training of all EPI staff in use of non medical / cold chain materials
Follow up all EPI statistics at the EPI department Follow up of the rehabilitation of EPI structure in Ndjamena
Coordination with NGO’s, UN and Ministry of Health on the implementation of the EPI Strategy
· Sept 1995- May 1997 Central Purchase Department – Belgium (MSF Belgium)
Sales and Technical Department (as in November 1991).
International meeting with the European Logistic Centers.
- Jan 1994 - July 1995 Logistic Co-ordinator – Ethiopia (MSF Belgium) Supervision of the construction of the hospital in Jijiga (Ogadeni Area)
Supervision of the refugee’s camp in Gode (35,000 refugees)
Follow up and supervision of all the logistics issues (car maintenance, tenders, stocks and warehouse)
Water and sanitation program
Exploratory mission in the North part of Ethiopia
· Nov 1991 – Nov 1993 Central Purchase Department – Belgium (MSF Belgium) Responsible for the technical aspects of the Non-Medical Department
Prospecting of suppliers and regular relations with them to discuss eventual contracts
Drawing up technical specifications for non medical equipment and tenders
Contact with the MSF missions concerning technical aspects of their orders
Contacts with the Desks in MSF Head Office
Contact with the other MSF sections
- April 1990- Oct 1991 Logistic Coordinator– Guinea Conakry (MSF – Belgium)
Nov 1990 to Sept 1991 Local supplies
Responsible for the construction and rehabilitation programs in South Guinea Funded by ECC (800.000 Ecus)
Aug1990 to Nov 1990 Logistic Co-ordinator
Set up the Logistics Department in N’Zérékoré for MSF B - Health and Emergency programs for Liberian refugees.
Stock management, local and external supplies and transport
June 1990- August 1990 Logistician in Dieke for Water and Sanitation Program
· Feb 1987- May 1990 Logistics Coordinator – Lebanon (MSF – Belgium) PROGRAM OF GENERATORS SET UP:
Responsible for the implementation, supervision and set up of generators in various hospitals and dispensaries in Lebanon
Identification of beneficiaries
Responsible for the rehabilitation of Palestinian refugees camps and dispensaries (especially water and sanitation).
Promotion and follow up of building sites
Reports and financial follow up
Relations building with the Ministry of Health and the EEC
2. 1985-1986 National Bank of Paris (BNP) - Employee
3. 1985- 1986 Work in Civil Engineering office
REFEREES Available on request