Richmond, the American International University in London, UK.
January 2013-January 2015
Bachelors of Arts (Honors): Psychology. (Grade Point Average 3.4/4.0)
- Dean’s List Award for exemplary achievement
- Relevant Coursework: Foundations in Psychology, Beginning Human Science Research, Biological Basis of Human Psychology, Quantitative Methods in Psychology, Theories and Systems in Psychology, Experimental Methods in Psychology, Cognitive Science.
The American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon. September 2010-November2012
Bachelor of Arts (Honors): Psychology.
The Lebanese Preparatory School, Beirut, Lebanon. September 2006-June 2010
Lebanese Baccalaureate Degree (Sociology-Economics)
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE ___________________________________________
SIS International Research Company, London, UK June 2014 – July 2014
- Supporting the quotation process, dealing with new projects and proposals, and preparing all other related materials.
- Working to support the Business Development Activity in the Middle East and British market/region.
- Preparing databases and pulling together relevant information for proper communication.
- Schedule meetings and following up on clients over the phone.
The American University of Beirut (AUB), Beirut, Lebanon.
- Took part in research fieldwork in a study on The Prevalence of Mental Disorders among teenagers in Beirut, Lebanon.
- Acquainted with the Mental Disorders Questionnaire for Adolescents.
- Interviewed participants of a vulnerable age group.
- Assessed each interviewee as to how much they would score on the relevant teenage mental disorders questionnaire.
- Gained experience in data entry and data analysis.
Private Tutor, Beirut, Lebanon. September 2010 – February 2011
Part-time private tutor
- Tutored an outpatient rehab adolescent in grammar, English, and math enabling him to pass his SATs and TOEFL exams
- Provided mentoring and emotional support to enable him to achieve successful outcomes.
Esber Law Firm, Dbayyeh, Lebanon. June 2010 - September 2010
Secretary and Assistant
- Provided a range of administrative and secretarial support, including answering phone calls, preparing company documents, and filing; requiring strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Successfully handled client queries and kept accurate records of clients transactions
- Balanced Transactions and bills
YPEER (NGO), Beirut, Lebanon. June 2009 – August 2009
- Participated in workshops and training events related to AIDS awareness.
- Organized and executed cause-related events to raise awareness within the young Lebanese community against HIV/AIDS.
Designers’ Studio Retail Company, Jal-el-Dib, Lebanon. June 2008 - May 2009
Assistant to General Manager and Secretary
- Provided high levels of customer service attending to a range of client enquiries and requests.
- Maintained accurate records of clients’ transactions.
- Carried out office support activities.
- Liaised effectively with internal staff and external clients.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS ____________________________________________________
IT: Proficient with MacOSX, Windows productivity software, HTML, Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Social media (Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, LinkedIn, Instagram)
Languages: English (Fluent), Arabic (Fluent), French (Intermediate), Italian (Beginner).
Interests: Socializing, reading, writing, sports, travelling, photography, pets.
During completing my BA in Psychology at Richmond University London, I did an internship at SIS International Research Company as a Market Researcher, and as a Business Development Manager. This experience has been invaluable in putting into practice some of the organizational theories I learned in my degree, and my research and marketing experience.
In particular I have learned how to support the quotation process, dealing with new projects and proposals, and preparing all other related materials, work on supporting the Business Development Activity in the Middle East and British market/region, prepared databases and pulling together relevant information for proper communication, and scheduled meetings and followed up on clients over the phone.
My previous professional experience in business and formal settings developed strong interpersonal skills and my capacity to deal with multiple demands on my time and resources.
In addition to my experience in formal, organized settings, I have also gained experience while tutoring a student with special needs, having a difficult past and living circumstance. I
I found that I have both the stamina and the organizational ability to thrive in these circumstances and feel sure that the skills I learned will be an asset to a professional organization. I noticed my ability to tolerate and function within high-stress situations. I also discovered my reassuring nature when it comes to dealing with individuals who need support and adequate motivation to thrive and perform better.
The reason I embarked upon my degree course is because I have a love of learning, getting to understand and know people, and relate it to professional and organizational settings. I would very much welcome the opportunity of an interview to explain how I can combine my enthusiasm for psychology, and people for the benefit of a renowned organization like you.