Beyond Beirut is a Lebanese non-governmental organization with a mission to encourage the development of experiential tourism beyond the city limits of Beirut as a means for sustainable economic development in rural Lebanon.
Beyond Beirut goals are:
• To create awareness of the importance of tourism beyond the city limits of Beirut as an economic driver.
• To promote rural tourism as a means for sustainable economic and community development
• To introduce and support the concept of destination development
• To empower communities with the means and tools to actively develop their assets
• To enhance job creation and retention
• To conserve natural and cultural heritage
• To enhance quality of tourism service
• To encourage business to business linkages as an essential potential for economic growth
• To encourage public/private partnerships
• To develop, sustain and expand an integrated network of marketing channels to create a pull demand for tourism in areas beyond the city limits of Beirut
* Beyond Beirut started as a USAID funded project.